My name is Laura, I have started this blog to gain the attention of men and women who are also victim/survivors of domestic violence and to let you know there is a wonderful and joyous life for you without abuse. I have the secret, the one thing that will set you free, and raise you above to a life you truly can have. Don’t wait! Get started now, talk about it. You are loved!! I love you, I am here for you!! Me Too No More
As I attempted to schedule a summer full of fun and frivolity for my kids this year, I was turned 360 degrees with teenagers that had their own ideas of what they wanted to do this summer. So I am left home alone to write, create, research, and put together some really amazing advocacy programs and action plans. They are true game changers for women looking for empowerment, self-love, healing, and creativity.
In my own summer adventures I have had the joy of meeting some incredible women at a social event in my community. A very special entrepreneur Aimee Tarte of The Lady and The Mug of Coral Springs, FL had invited me to speak to women about my new book The Secret About Domestic Violence They Don’t Want You To Know available on Amazon. I went to the evening event, it had started slow, and we allotted two hours of social time. Well needless to say when you get women together we do get a bit chatty! There was a total of 9 women there that night. Would you believe that 8 out of the 9 of us have experienced abuse of some kind? That just kicked statistics right out of the air! I could not believe it! The take away of the event was that we were all able to share our experiences without shame or judgement. We had all taken the moments of horror and turned in into empowerment to make a difference. Not just in our lives, but in the lives of others. To serve and help others as advocates, authors, lawyers, volunteers, and the most natural leaders in our community to do great things for the education and awareness of domestic violence, abuse, sexual harassment, human trafficking. I look forward to our next meeting. If you are looking to start an advocacy program in your community, please contact me at Me2nomore@gmail.com, I will help you customize a wonderful and supportive community program. There can never be enough advocates in the world to end domestic violence and create a violence free future for all. Visit my website at Me Too No More.
Below is an intro video I had done on Facebook Live to thank my friends and family and the new people I have met along the way. I introduce my book, and went blank on the title LOL, hey, it happens! A few head traumas, concussions, bad eyesight and old age can happen! I will be doing a YouTube Live Show every Friday at 2 PM Eastern!! So Come on in and let’s have a great summer talking about the important things in life that I can help you get started on in my 30 Day “Jumpstart” Summer Program. Sign in on my website at METOONOMORE.COM Look forward to having you there! Summer is a quick season, so don’t wait too long to decide! Act NOW!
Take a look! Video link below for you.
Well I finally did it! I created my foundation Me Too No More with services, and needs that matched my own from when I was in my own hell of domestic violence, and figured others will need these programs to get out of their hell, and I truly want to help them do that. Also, I wrote a book to help domestic violence victims, human trafficking victims, and anyone in an abusive situation to realize that what is happening to them is a CRIME!!!! The Secret About Domestic Violence They Don’t Want You To Know on Amazon –FREE 6/9/2018-6/15/2018 Do they not realize that? I did not know that when it was happening during my marriages!! Yes….marriages!! The minute I found out that domestic violence was a crime, you better believe I did something about it, and I was not going to mess around with that kind of inhumane treatment by narcissistic, self absorbed, selfish and creepy men that I was already warned about prior to the marriage, because I NEVER thought they would treat ME in such a horrible and cowardly manner, no way! I was a nice, cheerful, sweet, hopeful, caring, nurturing, friendly, genuine girl next door that does not judge others, believes in God, prays for others, loves and cherishes family values, friends and I would give you my last dollar if you needed it. But once I was a victim of teenage and domestic violence, and following the same pattern of relationships for 4 decades, it was time. I took what I knew, what I have learned, researched, and experienced in writing for all to know. I will and do intend to speak publicly to teach it to all teenagers and victims/survivors of all types of abuse. I have written programs for empowerment, self-love, healing and creativity. It works! I wrote my own program for me to follow for my life now, and I am one of the happiest people I know! Your mindset is your superpower! Create your violence-free future with me, I can and will help you for years if you are ready. I just need you to decide. What truly has to happen to make a decision to help you out of a horrible situation before it turns deadly? I beg you to get the help you need. Read the book, highlight in it, all the things that are or have happened to you, and I guarantee you will have more than a dozen items that are destroying you from your abuser. I challenge you to do it. Damn!! I am getting frustrated now. Email me at Me2NoMore@gmail.com after you do, and tell me how many highlights you had. Visit MeTooNoMore.com
I am going to give a lot of tips about this in the next upcoming weeks. They are necessary to have planned prior to an incident happening, and to be able to get out safely. You need to have a “safe” or “trusted” person to whom to confide in to share your plan with. You cannot control when an abusers next violent act will be. So being prepared, and confiding to your “safe” or “trusted” person is very important. Always know that you do not deserve to be treated in a harmful manner ever! I will start with the tips in and around your home.
- Use your best judgement and instincts to protect yourself to make sure you are no longer in danger. Have alternate ways to keep safe if the police do not respond right away.
- Remember-Leaving your abuser is a very dangerous situation!
- If you must, first get a Personal Protective Order or PPO, if you have already left the home, or if your abuser has left the home.
- Inform your neighbors, family and friends co-workers, employer that you have a Personal Protective order in place. If they should see anyone, especially your abuser, around your home, at school, at work, or personal property to call the police right away and record the event.
- Make a record of all calls to the police: their responses, the name of who you talked to, dates, and times of the calls.
- Change the locks on doors, windows, get a security system, and notify neighbors that the abuser is no longer living at your home, and/or is not to be in the area.
- Call the police and report all incidents if your abuser breaks any laws on the Personal Protective Order. Keep copies of your PPO with you at all times. Make extra copies and keep in a place you can show it to law officials at any time. Even when you are out in public.
- If the abuser needs to get his personal property from the home. Pre-pack their items and call the police to get a “civil assist”, let them know of the PPO, and they will accompany them while they get their items from your home.
- Make a decision where you would or could go when you leave your home which is a safe place where you can call for further assistance.
- Notify a neighbor prior to an emergency about the abuse. Have a signal and/or a code word that you both know that will inform them you need help. They can call law officials and know that the abuse is happening and get help right away.
- Know your home exits and the best way to get out in an emergency. Getting out of the home by knowing which doors, windows, stairwells you can exit and get a neighbors attention to call for help or assistance.
- If a situation arises with the abuser, go to the area that provides an exit. Do not go to bathrooms, kitchens, or anywhere your abuser may have any type of weapon to use.
- Inform your children of a plan for them in case they are not with you.
- Inform their schools, daycare, or caregiver who has permission to pick up or be with your child.
- If and when you ever call the police, give your location, speak clearly, and notify them of any weapons the abuser may have, and leave to another location until your home is secure.
I was blessed to have a young neighbor hear me when I fled my home, and he called the police immediately, and I was able to get the assistance I needed to get my abuser out of the home. Locks were changed, everyone was notified, and to this day I am notified if anyone is around my home or personal property. That is how a safety plan is put in place. If they do not know, they won’t be able to help you. For more information, go to Me Too No More.
Why would I ever need a safety exit plan? That is exactly what I asked myself, until I really knew why. I had no way of getting my abuser out of my home. I certainly did not have the funds to get an attorney, start divorce proceedings, or tell him to leave that would have only made my situation worse. So, I had to wait until the next abusive situation to get help. It was almost too late. I had lost my life that night for what seemed an eternity. Attacked in my sleep, I lay there lifeless and unable to move. Until, the last neuron of energy ran through my mind that had told me to run. I ran so fast that I cleared the door, ran into the street, and fell due to the lack of oxygen to my brain that had depleted me from the sprint. I had a blessed neighbor see me in the street and notified the police. I got him out that night. That was the only plan I had. Get him out and away from me. Sometimes, that is the only way to get your abuser away from you and your children and home. How could I have prepared myself better? I needed a personalized safety exit plan. I had no knowledge one existed until a year later! Education is the preparation tool we have now to keep everyone informed. If you are being abused. Go to #METOONOMORE and visit the Resources section of the website to download a personalized safety plan for yourself if you are the one that needs to get out of a dangerous situation before its too late. I was a lucky one that survived, and now I am here to tell you that it is a necessary read for you to implement and plan for the next time, or commit now and do not have a next time.